A weekend at the Gooseberry House Bingin
Posted on November 29 2017
About a month ago we were invited by the Gooseberry House to come stay at their new pool villa in Bingin. If you’ve been following us for a bit, you know that Bingin is our favorite beach in the Bukit. Where we often go up to spend the days tanning, swimming, surfing and of course... eating, hehe. We packed our bags with our besties and boyfriends as the villa has 4 bedrooms and bathrooms (!!) and went off for a sunshine weekend Bingin.
The Gooseberry Tropical houses is a collective name for tropical hideaway villas located on the most beautiful Islands in the world. Indonesia: Bali - Sumbawa and French Polynesia: Tahiti. Earlier in July we stayed at their Seminyak villa.
We were the very first guests to test it out. The space is absolutely divine and it's styled so well. It’s like stepping into Palm Springs. The 3 ladies in the house took really good care of us. Made us delicious brekkie. Omelets with veggies, Bali coffee & big plates of fruit.
The house is made to spend the entire day, for quality time with each other, having fun by the pool, long dinners at the table and late-night conversations in the open living room. We shot photos in our favorite Gooseberry Intimates lingerie & Seaside bikinis and only went out for a couple of hours to surf and swim at the beach. If you really want to lock yourself in, they offer a cook who can come to the house and make delicious Indonesian food for lunch or dinner!
It’s so spacious and has such a blissful vibe. It felt like home the minute we walked in ... basically this is our dream home and would wanna live here!
This Bali dream home is located on the cliff of Bingin in the Bukit only 5 minutes from one of the best surf breaks in Bali. Tucked away in a still quite jungelish area, next door to the new Gooseberry Boutique & Cafe and close to all hotspots in Bingin. Owned by the sweetest family from Belgium who are as well the owners of Gooseberry Intimates. In the back there is a big living room area with a kitchen, a huge couch for 12 people (read: slumber party!) and at the other side of the garden you’ll find 4 bedrooms with private bathrooms.
// Bingin favorites
Surf & Beach
Short board or long board, with both boards you’ll have the best fun. Shortboard for the barrels on low tide and longboard for the waves during high tide! Impossible beach is only a stone throw away (just a long paddle hah!)
- The Gooseberry Boutique & Cafe next door, a stylish cafe with shop and pool!
– Rolling Fork: just around the corner you’ll find this yummy Italian Restaurant
– If you wanna go for a quick take away juice or bliss ball check out Drifter.
– Our regular faves: Bukit Café, Cashew Tree, Buddha Soul (if you don’t feel like driving out just order via Go-Jek) (More faves in our Travel Guide here!)
– Order in a massage at home
- Laniakea Spa: Owned by a Brazilian lady from Hawaii. Awesome for your after surf foot reflexology or massage. The salon is super cute and they have the most beautiful flower baths ever!
– Around the corner, you’ll find the Bali Training Centre. They have great Muay Thai / kickboxing, and fitness classes.
– Go for a beach run just out front or do a little HITT sesh on the deck
- Swim 20 labs in their 18 m long pool.
Sunset / Hangout
– Just down at the beach or drive to Suarga on Padang Padang Cliff for a sunset tea uhhh cocktail. A beautiful restaurant overlooking the sea!
// WHAT WE LIKE
- For us it’s islandlife to it’s perfection. Best food around the corner. Friends close. Beach out front. Surf.
- Superfast wifi if you need to get some work done. Or Netflix & Chill.
- Every room (big) has it’s own bathroom
- A pool with comfy sunbeds and huge garden. Perfect to soak up the sun and relax all day.
- This dreamhouse is huge and within 5 minutes you’ll be be surfing Bingin barrels. Yassss!!
- Bathroom goals. And lots of closet space. YES.
- Breakfast is included, prepared by the sweetest girls!
- Close to everything you need. And far enough to be away from the crowds. Surrounded by jungle.
- Only a 10 minutes drive by bike to Padang Padang and Uluwatu beach.
- Family and kids friendly!
Book here on AirBnB!! We’ll be back here for sure, can’t wait!
More tips for your next Bali trip? Check our We Like Bali Travel Guides!
Dutch > We Like Bali, dé reisgids voor het ultieme eilandleven
English > We Like Bali, The Island Guide for the Creative Traveler
English > The Canggu Guide