CANGGU ISLAND STAY: THE SLOW
Posted on December 28 2016
Meet The Slow - the newest kid in town: a luxury, art filled, minimal island boutique stay with restaurant and bar in the midst of the Canggu good vibes. We had the pleasure to stay over 2 nights with our boys, on opening day, exciting!
Enjoy our little write up and photo diary - we also filmed everything, so a new Welike Bali Vlog coming soon! And let us know if you've been here and liked it too.
The Slow is located on the hot and happening Batu Bolong street in Canggu, a few steps away from Batu Bolong (Old Mans) beach (with the perfect waves for beginners!). Close to all Canggu hotspots like The Lawn (newly opened, our favorite!), Old Mans and Deus.
Arriving at this creative space, we immediately fell in love with the style: maybe best to describe as tropical island meets contemporary LA city vibes. With a little touch of bohemian. Live LA Reverberation radio plays throughout the whole venue, including our rooms. Downstairs The Slow has 4 Private Pool Suites.
On the first and second floor there are spacious suites, all incredibly well styled with amazing photography on the walls. With a big couch to relax after a surf sesh and stunning rotan chairs, making us feel like home! There we're all kind of travelers staying there at the same time as us, from families with young kids to couples and groups of friends. It's very easy going, social and suitable for any type of traveler! As long as you love it laid back and a little late night bar hang doesn't hurt you.
Eat & Drink
For all foodies out there... expect happy bellies! The Slow's contemporary all-day restaurant is a big win for the area. Not only it's botanical interior leaves us wowed, with hanging plants, tropical style sofas and the airy construction of wooden walls, but oh my the food...!
Early morning you can join the long community table in the gallery 'Room 13' for a mouthwatering, healthy breakfast, slow juices. Sipping your perfect barista coffee between an inspiring art collection (rotating frequently!). By day the cafe is the perfect airy meeting and lunch spot. And during the evening it turns into the most charming, cozy dinner space. And it was dinner like we haven't had before - so creative and sooo tasty. Both a feast for the belly and eyes! After dinner, the bar is the perfect hangout - where they serve local crafted beers, wines and have an incredible selection of cocktails. During the day and sunset the rooftop terrace is opened, with views on the Indian Ocean and buzzing Canggu streetlife.
Ok, enough said! It's obvious we love this new place. If you're planning a trip in the new year to Bali, well... definitely put this aesthetic island stay on your list!
What we like
- The location is perfect: 300 meters from Batu Bolong beach and close to all Canggu hotspots like The Lawn, Old Mans and Deus.
- The team is amazing, all smiles and sweetness. They really make you feel like home when you stay here, as each remembers your name. All in the details!
- For surfers who don't want to stay in a shabby surf shack: walk with your board under your arm straight into the water!
- The style of The Slow is inspiring, fresh, creative and unique in Baliland. For creative travelers it's THE place to sleep!
- Each suite comes with floor-to-ceiling windows, so it's light during the whole day, love this!
- Custom made mini bar in the room. Nough said.
- Good Wi-Fi! And enough space to work or catch up on e-mails (in the room or downstairs at the long Room 13 table.
- TV with netflix on request. Ok bye!
Thanks to The Slow team for having us and creating this amazing Island Stay, taking Canggu next level!
Wearing Faithfull The Brand
Wearing Magali Pascale <3
Big thanks to our good friend Cecilia who snapped some pics of us while being at the Slow!! Big kiss for you for being such a babe -x-