VLOG: WELIKE TRAVELS NUSA LEMBONGAN
Posted on May 19 2020
Crystal blue waters, swaying coconut trees, swimming with manta's, cruising around from beach to beach... We LOVE Nusa Lembongan! Our favorite tropical escape just 30 minutes away from Bali by boat. It's also featured in our Welike Bali Islandlife Guide!
We usually go here a few weekends a year to soak up the sun, spend all day out on the water and relax for a bit. You must've seen on Instagram we we're there 3 weekends ago - and we made a vlog about it for you. We booked our trip with The Lembongan traveler and stayed at Tenang Villas on the main hill on Nusa Lembongan.
Scroll down for the VLOG and find below a few travel tips if you're planning to go here!
How to get there
Take the boat from Sanur, we always take Rocky Boat - it has a free pick-up and drop-off service to your hotel included in the price. We usually take our bikes and park it there. It's a quick ride of only 30 minutes and if you're lucky you'll see dolphins!
Rent a bike at your villa, hotel or homestay or when you arrive at the harbor. It'll be around 75.000 Rupiah per day. Earlier last month the famous narrow yellow bridge between Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan collapsed. A tragic accident that happened during a Hindu ceremony. There are currently many fundraising projects to help the families of the victims and to reconstruct a safe bridge. Our hearts go out to everyone!
Whatever you'd like! We usually stay 2 or 3 nights, as it's a small island and there isn't much to do so it depends on your vacay goals and the time or traveling you've got! Nusa Lembongan is closer than the Gili Islands (which takes about 1,5 hours per boat) so it's a perfect option for a quick getaway. It's even nice for a 1 day trip.
The island has many resorts, villas and homestays. If you check The Lembongan Traveller there are many amazing options! If you book with them they also reserve your spot on the Rocky Boat. Perfect! Here are a few of the places we've been in the past few years which we love:
- Tenang Villas: islandhome sweet home! Just a walk away from The Deck and right in front of surfspot Playgrounds
- Batu Karang: for the luxury lovers (just above The Deck!)
- Tigerlilly Boutique Hotel: tropical lush
- Le Pirate Beach Club:
- Dream Beach Huts
- Ketut Losman: low budget homestay with surfspot Shopwreck in front
- Rent bikes and cruise around the island along the beaches, through villages and get longs amongst the coconut trees
- Chill, tan, swim: the island is surrounded with white sandy beaches and clear turquoise waters perfect for mermaiding, snorkling and diving.
- Fave beaches: Dream Beach, Mushroom Beach, Sandy Bay, Secret Beach (Nusa Ceningan)
- Go to The Deck for breakfast and/or sunset! Best view ever.
- Have lunch and pool hangs and/or dinner at Sandy Bay Beach Club
- Just before the entrance there's a nice swimwear and island goodies boutique called The Walking Tree. We love this shop!
- Take a boat trip to snorkel with manta rays! We went with captain Ketut via The Lembongan Traveler. It's absolutely beyond incredible!! BUT dont go when there is a big swell or a lot of wind. The ocean will be too rough and seasickness ain't a party...
- Go SUP'ping! Rent a SUPboards at mushroom bay or The coral shop on the main bay (or just below the stairs on the beach there is a local family renting our great boards!)
- Surf! At Playgrounds, Shipwrecks or Ceningans
- Take a day trip to Nusa Penida, the bigger, amazing raw nature island next to Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. For the adventurous travelers you can go hiking, trekking, diving, snorkling - also great to stay for a few days and explore.
Dream Beach! The Deck SUPPING!
Tigerlilly's Sandy Bay Beachclub